It’s 2018, and one thing hasn’t changed – we want to look our best and not break the bank. Beauty is a multi-billion dollar industry – there is a product for anything you can dream up. We want to share with you our favorite beauty hacks that will stretch your dollar and allow you to use the products you own to their fullest potential!
- I’m sure you’ve had your fair share of challenges when it comes to curling your eyelashes – you just want them curled and to stay curled! We got ya covered! When curling your lashes, instead of holding your eyelash curler the traditional way – lift the curler so the handle is parallel to the floor. Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze for about 10 seconds for each eye and this will give your eyelashes more lift AND more curl. Follow up by using a waterproof mascara. The curl will stay all day long! In the market for an eyelash curler? The Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is our favorite!
- Know you are going to have a rushed morning? Apply your dry shampoo before you go to bed! Your dry shampoo will have plenty of time to absorb all of your hair’s natural oils & you’ll wake up looking like you just washed and styled your hair!
- So maybe you are out of dry shampoo altogether?! No worries! Grab some bronzer, your Kabuki brush and buff those roots! A blonde? Use your powder foundation instead. Just a little goes a long way!
- Advil & that pesky painful zit. Grab yourself a liquid Advil capsule & cut it open. Then snip the top right off with your handy dandy scissors, grab a Q-tip & apply the Advil liquid to the inflamed area. Be sure to give yourself about twenty minutes for the liquid to dry and once it does, you’ll notice the redness and the pain of the pimple has diminished. Proceed with applying make up or go bare faced because you’re a confident, beautiful woman, and no zit is going to stop you from facing the world.
- Suffering from ‘cake face’? For the smoothest skin, add a drop of Nyakio Maracuja & Yangu soothing oil (or any oil you have on hand) to your foundation, mix it together & then apply to your face! You’ll see the difference in your skin immediately. We love this beauty hack for the winter months!
- Three words: Monistat Chafing Gel. Yup – you read that correctly. Not only is this stuff AMAZING for chafing relief on areas like inner thighs (this is always in our purse during the summer months), but this is also great as a face primer for make up when you’re in a pinch. A two-in-one product! This is a significantly cheaper dupe for the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. The main ingredient, dimethicone, is also often the main ingredient in other face primers. This allows for a smooth finish – filling in pores and the like. This hack is better suited for people with oily skin.
- Of course, you forgot shaving cream on your Target list. I mean, it had to be something, right?! Well just use your conditioner instead. Use a quarter size amount & treat it just like shaving cream, your legs have never been softer! We may even use conditioner instead of shaving cream… on the reg.
- Okay, so you wake up with puffiness under your eyes because you spent the whole night watching a This is Us marathon. We’ve been there. Before you start getting ready for your day, soak a couple green tea bags in hot water for about two minutes. Take the bags out, squeezing the excess water out and pop them in the fridge. Prior to applying your make up, take the green tea bags, and place them under your eyes for 10 minutes – if you have longer, even better. The caffeine and tannins will help shrink the blood vessels just under the skin which, in turn, reduces swelling and puffiness under the eyes. We hear that model use this beauty hack just before a photoshoot or runway show.
- Ain’t nothin’ sweeter than raw honey. You can use raw honey for two things: blemishes and dry skin. For those pesky blemishes, apply a small amount of honey onto the pimple and cover it with a bandaid. Go to sleep and when you wake the next morning, you should see that the pimple has reduced significantly – all thanks to the anti-inflammatory effects of honey. Since honey is a natural humectant, a honey mask will do wonders for dry skin. Slather a thin layer of raw honey on your face, then allow it to sit on your face for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. You’ll see that your skin is plump and hydrated.
- Organic raw apple cider vinegar is one of those items in our pantry that we use to boost weight loss, clean with, and even settle sour stomachs. But one of our favorite ways to use apple cider vinegar is as a facial toner and is great for all skin types! Apple cider vinegar toner balances the natural pH of the skin and removes dead skin cells, exfoliating to reveal healthy, vibrant skin. For normal to dry skin: mix one part apple cider vinegar with two parts filtered water. For oily skin: mix one part apple cider vinegar with one part filtered water. For sensitive skin: mix one part apple cider vinegar to three to four parts filtered water. Store the mixture in a glass or plastic bottle. The smell is something you may need to get used to – but the benefits to your skin are life changing!
- Coconut oil is another multipurpose staple in our homes – we use it for hair masks, body moisturizer, and even use it as massage oil or a lubricant during sensual moments with our men. Yes, we went there. However, our favorite way to use coconut oil is for removing makeup. Take a dime size amount of coconut oil and begin to massage on your face. The heat from your skin and fingers will melt the coconut oil if it’s in a hardened state. Coconut oil does wonders in breaking up stubborn waterproof mascara and removing the rest of your makeup. Take a warm, wet muslin cloth and wipe off the residue or simply use warm water. Coconut oil is SO versatile, and we love it so much that we could write a whole blog post about it!
And there ya have it – our F A V O R I T E beauty hacks! Let us know if you try any of these hacks.
We would love to hear your results!