Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and if you’re anything like me, you’re a last minute shopper. Can’t help it – I guess I really love the thrill of finding the perfect gift under a time crunch. But don’t worry, in this gift guide, I’ll be sharing some gift ideas that you’ll receive just in time to hear, “I love it – you’re my favorite child…”
All mom’s are different, so I’m going to give you some options that fall into the categories of: pretty, practical, and sentimental.
Let’s start of with Pretty Mother’s Day Gifts!
- An Engravable – either a necklace or bracelet – your mom will LOVE it. These jewels are super dainty and lightweight, and will hold some sort of sentimental value because you can engrave anything you’d like. For example: her children’s birthdays, her favorite quote, children’s names or initials, or even a word that describes her in totality. I’ve gifted this to my mom, and several of my mom friends, and it’s always a big hit! Did I mention they are both under $80? BECAUSE until May 14, all engravables are 20% off!
- This Voluspa Candle Set is gorgeous. This set comes with six candles, and would look perfect on any coffee table or on top of any bathroom sink counter. Not to mention, voluspa candles smell amazing!
Practical Mother’s Day Gifts
- I know most people save electronics for Father’s Day; but honestly, this next gift is something anyone can appreciate. This Bose Bluetooth Speaker would be a perfect addition to your momma’s home. She’ll be able to listen to music she loves, audio books, and/or podcasts! I something similar for my dad a few Father’s Days back – but always come home to see my mom dancing around the house listening to her jams while cleaning. While you’re at it, you should buy your mom a Spotify account too! Perfect gift bundle.
- Give your mom the gift of one less household chore, and snag her this robo-vac! I cannot tell you how life changing this little robot vacuum is; ever since we bought ours, dust bunnies cease to exist and the amount of dog hair is significantly less noticeable. You can help your mom program the vacuum, so it cleans her house every day at a certain time. She will love this gift for sure!
Sentimental Mother’s Day Gifts
- Frame old photos! A while back, I found myself looking through old photo albums that live in a bookcase that is overlooked all the time. I found photos from my parent’s wedding and my childhood that were so funny, the photo was just asking to be framed. I know frames can be a little pricey, but you can certainly find affordable ones from Target, Michaels, or even Home Goods!
- Re-enact old photos. My sister and I have yet to do this, but we’ve been meaning to. This might take a little extra planning, but can be knocked out in a day. Basically, dress in similar clothes, and re-enact the photo. Not only will the end product give your mom all the joy in the world, but ya also get some quality sibling time!
- DIY – y’all know that Kate and I enjoy crafting things up for our own home. If you’re own the creative side, or not, a DIY gift is, for the lack of better words, customizable. So your DIY gift can be on the artsy side; for example, I plan on cross stitching something for my mom. It can be on buying a bunch of little things and wrapping them in a gift basket. Does your mom like to pamper herself? Buy some of her favorite products to have a spa day at home. Does your mom love to cook or bake? Buy a cookbook and really pretty cookware.
Hope these gifts bring your mom joy or at least give you a few ideas of your own!
Would love to hear what you buy for your ma! Leave us a comment below.